Friday, July 27, 2007

Ill-prepared spam

Last June, I receive an extraordinary offer through a spam : the history and genealogy of my family, well printed, ready to be sent to me while I keep sitting in my sofa ! I smiled at the sensation of facility that this mail convey. I worked so long days at the Departemental Archives of Hérault for a historical research, and then for my mother's genealogy.

But, the postal part of this mail make me laugh out loud.



Combined scan : top is the cover, center the beginning of the letter and bottom the pre-paid cover for my answer.


The letter, dated 13 June 2007, was sent through the Postimpact service of La Poste : it carries identical advertisment mail at lower rates than usual. "TIM" means « traitement industriel sur mesure » : a mail center specialized in those type of sending (it may call itself "spam center").

Generously, the franking for my answer is offered thank to a T cover. In France, a T cover permits you to send an answer to a firm ; this firm will paid only the franking for the covers received back. "Ecopli" is for non-prioritary mail. If you misuse the T cover (too heavy, too late, etc.), it will be resend to you with postage due. This T cover can be used between 5 May 2006 and 5 May 2007...

Letter of the 13 June 2006... answer before 5 May 2007...

No comments: