Thursday, May 17, 2007

Four days of Marigny

At lunch time, today Thursday 17th May, I walked along the aisles of the Four Days of Marigny. Twice a year, the weekly stamp market of Paris lasts four days long. It is located near the Champs-Élysées and the palais de l'Élysée, between the avenue of Marigny and avenue Gabriel (so near the palais that the place hushes of rumors of a certain Nicolas jogging in the neighbourhood...).

As usual when I go there, my hands explored stamps in boxes to find what can please my eyes, curiosity and long patience. I succeeded two major strikes for things I should have looked for so long ago : two covers cancelled by a Daguin machine (for another post on this blog), and the top :
this so cute stoat from the Nature de France series of 2001, that I recall with emotion last april. It was designed by Christophe Drochon with three another animals of the woods. This stoat sold itself at 14,9 millions of stamps: 3rd best steller stamp of 2001.

Guide :
The stamp market of Paris (coins and phone cards accepted) is located at the Carré Marigny for decades. It is open the thursdays, saturdays and sundays of each week, but the presence of the market's dealers depends on themselves only. Twice a year (before Christmas and at Ascension like today), the market opens friday too.

No comments: